Thursday, August 12, 2010

Get your kicks, on Route 66

Good travel day. Landed in Oklahoma City to stay with my sister and brother-in-law for the next few days.

After driving awhile on the interstate I decided to go down the famous Route 66. It did not disappoint. Besides the winding roads and picturesque views that you don't see off the interstates as much, there were also the old towns to go through and the locals to talk with.  While pulling off to take a photo of the West 66 sign, a fellow photographer came out from behind the trees. Strange because I thought I was alone out there... just goes to show there's always someone else out there doing the same thing! He started telling me of a better vantage point to take the photo, so I walked over to the trees he spoke of yet only saw the back of the sign. Yet as I turned my head I noticed what he was really talking about. There was this yard that was fully decked out in with a space ship, and carnival like rides with small to life size dolls planted in various places.  My eye saw it before with only a glance, but with his direction, I was able to see more clearly. Kind of like life sometimes!

Today will be a day of exploring through my sister's eye, some of the local flavor of Oklahoma. I am looking foward to it.

1 comment: